Blue Mountains Grammar School joined EnergyLink in February 2017, since then their electricity consumption is down over 14% compared to their usage in 2016. Furthermore, EnergyLink’s ongoing monitoring service has sent 88 recommendations and alerts in total since the school joined the platform, providing ongoing support and insight into the school’s electricity consumption.
- Reduce electricity consumption
- Improve air conditioning, heating and lighting schedules
- Identify unusual out of hour usage
- Find cause of usage spike from poorly documented infrastructure
- Reduce network charges and large demand spikes
EnergyLink monitoring and management system installed at Blue Mountains Grammar School
- Live minute by minute electricity and power quality data
- Dedicated sustainability engineer
- Daily monitoring of equipment and devices by EnergyLink engineers
- Reporting and teleconferences
- Monthly reports and teleconferences
- Improved facility management practices
- Smart threshold alerts which red flag any increases in consumption
- Identified and eliminated increased base loads during school holidays, weekends, and evenings
- Savings achieved – $7,000 p.a.
During the winter in 2018, EnergyLink detected an electricity supply was running throughout nights and weekends continuously with a load of approximately 6KW. EnergyLink was also able to detect that this electricity supply was variable with temperature, when the local temperature was cold, the load increased, and when the local temperature decreased, the load decreased.
After discussing the issue with the facilities manager, it was determined that the heating system for one of the school’s buildings had been running 24/7 increasing the annual electricity bill for the school by an estimated $7,000 per annum.
The facilities manager was able to identify and address an issue that would have otherwise gone unnoticed until the school’s next energy bill using EnergyLink’s ability to monitor individual electricity supplies in real-time. Check out the graph below to see the effects of our engineers recommendation once implemented.