Stockland has expanded its energy efficiency program across retail assets with the implementation of the EnergyLink EnergyLink energy management system. This system has enabled Stockland Glendale to gain a granular view of energy consumption within assets that had historically been too small to provide a ROI on traditional submetering.
- Reduce Electricity consumption
- Optimise plant and equipment
- Minimise electricity spend
- Recover after hours costs from tenants
- Live minute by minute electricity usage and power quality data
- Monitoring and analysis of equipment and devices by EnergyLink engineers
- Operational recommendations and efficiency measures with supporting business cases
- Daily, Weekly and Monthly reporting
- Ongoing access to EnergyLink engineers
- Base loads significantly reduced
- Equipment usage trimmed to match operational hours
- Smart threshold alerts which red flag any increases in consumption
- Revenue generated from tenants
The energy and water management solution at Glendale incorporates 7 existing electricity meters, 9 new sub-metering locations and 13 existing water metering locations. EnergyLink gives the site access to data from a variety of sources including Integral Energy, Ausgrid, Halytech, Bureau of Meteorology, and EnergyLink metering data.
The results at Glendale Shopping Centre in the first 12 months since installation have been impressive. In July 2015 there was a 40.7% saving in electricity ($60,000 annually) when compared to July 2013\. The site management team have worked closely with EnergyLink’s engineers to identify and implement the following improvements:-
1. Optimisation of after hours baseloads
2. Reduced car park lighting
3. Common area HVAC and lighting optimisation
4. Water monitoring and leak identification
5. Sub billing afterhours consumption to majors
The pay back achieved at Glendale Shopping Centre of the EnergyLink EMS (Energy Management System) was under a year at 11 months. Including the additional revenue from sub billing the major tenants for afterhours consumption the pay back achieved was 8 months.