Over the past few years Parramatta Leagues Club had experienced sharp increases for energy, network and demand charges that were mostly beyond their control. Recognising that there was little room to influence the delivered rate they were paying for electricity led Parramatta Leagues Club to turn their attention to how they were consuming electricity in an effort to curb the increasing spend.
- Reduce Electricity consumption
- Optimise plant and equipment
- Minimise electricity spend
- Live minute by minute electricity usage and power quality data
- Monitoring and analysis of equipment and devices by EnergyLink engineers
- Operational recommendations and efficiency measures with supporting business cases
- Daily, Weekly and Monthly reporting
- Ongoing access to EnergyLink engineers
- Base loads significantly reduced
- Equipment usage trimmed to match operational hours
- Smart threshold alerts which red flag any increases in consumption
EnergyLink installed the EnergyLink smart energy management system at Parramatta Leagues Club in September 2014. The EnergyLink system provided a circuit by circuit view into the operations of the chillers, HVAC and lighting allowing EnergyLink to highlight inefficiencies and then work with Parramatta Leagues Club to improve consumption profiles and operating schedules across the site.
In the first few weeks after installation, visibility from EnergyLink allowed EnergyLink engineers to identify several critical areas of improvement at the club. Working with the site manager to rectify operating inefficiencies and implement further efficiency initiatives led to a 200 kW consumption reduction resulting in annual savings of $73,400 or an 11.3% reduction in electricity spend.